본문바로가기

Sunshine

Today's weather Sunshine, 16.0℃

GANGHWA

MENU


Ganghwa Anglican Church

  1. HOME
  2. Heritage & Culture
  3. Historical Relics
  4. Ganghwa Anglican Church

Ganghwa Anglican Church

Ganghwa Anglican Church

Ganghwa Anglican Church

The Anglican church was first introduced to Ganghwado in 1890 and English Father Wangrando commenced preaching of the gospel right after he procured a house of residential church in Gapgotni in 1893.

Meanwhile, Father Wangrando returned to his country and Father Joma succeedingly assigned to Joseon arriving at Ganghwa in 1896, then he evangelized Kim Maga (Kim Hui jun) in Ganghwaeup, and also opened Yeonghwawon, a nursery house, to take care of many patients in means of western medical techniques. This church building still remains there which was built in a conventional architecture of Korea in 1900.